The Camp True Colors experience, for all ages! Family Camp is a chance for families with family member(s) with an LGBTQ+ identity to get away and enjoy time with each other and with other LGBTQ+ families, in an environment that was created with your family in mind. Fill your days with classic summer camp activities led by our experienced camp staff, connecting with other LGBTQ+ families, bonding with your own family, time relaxing in your cabin or by the pool, or all of the above – at Family Camp the choice is yours! And – we handle all the meals, activities, and logistics, so you can focus on having fun.
Are we eligible/is it right for us? Family Camp True Colors is for families with at least one member (of any age or family role, adult or child) who identifies as part of the LGBTQ+ community. While all families that fit this are welcome, as is anyone of any age who you consider family, Family Camp True Colors is best suited to family groups with at least one child age 5-17, and at least one adult 18+ who is a parent and/or primary caregiver of that child. If that doesn’t describe your group but you are interested in Family Camp, we encourage contacting us before registering so we can help make sure it will be a positive experience for everyone. Everyone under 18 must have a custodial parent/guardian/caregiver age 18+ at Family Camp with them, who will be responsible for their overall supervision during the entire session. Children ages 7+ will have the option to participate in some independent daytime activities separately from their adults, under the supervision of trained and experienced camp staff.
Family Camp True Colors takes place at the One Heartland Center in Minnesota, but families do not need to live in Minnesota to attend! We offer transportation between camp and the MSP airport as well as a meeting place in Minneapolis. Beyond that, we’re happy to talk with you more about your specific family and the program, as well as any barriers you might have to attending – contact us at 888-216-2028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 25-27, 2023
It is our goal to make camp accessible to everyone who needs it, regardless of their financial circumstances. The listed full price below reflects our actual costs per participant. We ask that those who are able to pay this cost do so, and we also have reduced prices/financial assistance available for those who need it.
When registering, you will be asked to select whether you will be paying full price or requesting financial assistance, and to complete a brief request form if you are requesting financial assistance. In the event more requests are received than funding is available, requests will be approved for those who qualify in the order they are received, and additional requests/registrations will be placed on a waiting list.
|Ages 7+ Full price||Ages 7+ Minimum Price||Ages 3-6 Full Price||Ages 3-6 Minimum Price||Ages 0-2|
|$325||$25||$150||$25||No cost, but must register*|
Included in the cost of Family Camp is:
- Accommodations in a cabin or retreat room (may be shared depending on your group size) with bathroom and shower facilities a short walk away. A limited number of rooms with in-room bathrooms are available- please contact us if your family needs this option for a medical or other reason
- All meals and snacks during your stay
- All activities
- Transportation to/from MSP airport or our Minneapolis bus stop, if the option is selected in your registration
- Bedding/linens, if the option is selected in your registration
- *We are unable to provide cribs, high chairs, or meals for children who are too young for solid food. However, children 2 and under are welcome at no cost if families are able to provide for these needs, to ensure that childcare is not a barrier to attending camp.
- Any additional individual travel costs, although if the cost of travel to camp is a concern for you, please contact us as resources may be available.
If the cost of the program or getting here is a concern for you, please contact us.